If you’re following my social pages, you might have already heard of Crazybadman. They are a home-grown sports distributor that sells the best-tasting vegan protein powders I’ve had. It dissolves well without sedimentation, and there’s a huge range of flavours like Chocolate Cinnamon (my favourite), Vanilla Cookie, Hazelnut, Forest Fruit and more. Since they taste good and are very versatile, I’ve started collaborating with Crazybadman to create high protein recipes of sweets and desserts that suit the lifestyle of any active person. Use MORETHANVEGGIES10 for 10% off during checkout when buying any flavour of the vegan protein powders.
Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I grew up hating exercise; I was the type of kid who preferred to read and watch TV. After years of struggling with poor digestion, almost all the TCM and Ayurvedic doctors I’ve seen strongly recommended exercise as a cure. So I started yoga, then moved on to more intense sports like weight training and Muay Thai. I enjoyed the latter two a lot, but stopped because gym memberships are rather expensive, and now I’m trying to avoid going out. Now my lifestyle is a lot more active compared to my days in CBD as my work is more kitchen-oriented. So I don’t consume protein powder frequently, but it’s very helpful when I’m rushing for classes and only have time to make a smoothie.
SG-Based Athletes I admire
I know a few vegan athletes (or just super fit folks) who are based in Singapore, they are extremely active and fit, probably more than I’d ever hope to be! I really admire their dedication to improving themselves and guiding others on their fitness journey. If you need some plant-based fitness inspo, here are their pages.
View this post on Instagram
“Trust the process” this is something I repeat to myself every day. . . . #bikini #bikinicompetitor #ifbb #bodybuilding #bikiniathlete #plantbased #fitgirls #fitgirl #vegan #veganbody #veganmuscle #veganathlete #veganbodybuilding #veganbodybuilder #veganfitness #fitness #fitgirls #posing #competitionprep #prep #fitspo #bikinibody #bodygoals #fitvegan #bikinifitness #bikinicompetitionprep #bikinicomp #offseason #bodybuildingwomen #veganbikinicompetitor #posing #bodybuilding #bodybuilder
- Maria (Featured above, bodybuilder, I make her food!)
- Aaron (Bodybuilder, I make his food too!)
- Luke Tan (Fitness coach and author)
- Cat Yeo (Fitness coach)
- Kenneth (Also a business owner and great cook!)
- Aly (Yoga teacher & influencer)
- Ryza (Also a fantastic home cook and baker)
- Krystle (Group fitness instructor, nutritionist)
- Amanda (Yoga teacher & artist)
Protein-packed treat for hot days
This Mango No-bake ‘Cheese’cake is a frozen, creamy sweet treat with a crumbly salted crust. High in protein, good fats and vitamins thanks to BioTech USA Vegan Protein, nuts, coconut oil and fruits. Tangy, subtly sweet and melts in your mouth – perfect for hot days. Also gluten and cholesterol free, no baking required! I find each slice extremely filling, so try it for breakfast or share it with a loved one.
Macros (per slice when cake is cut into 6 slices):
- 30 g protein
- 45 g carbohydrate
- 59 g fat
- 3 g fibre
Prepare one day in advance prior to serving. Soak cashews overnight. Makes one 9″ cake.
For the crust:
- 6 tbsp unsalted peanut butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- ½ cup of any roasted nuts/seeds
- ½ cup of oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
Blend all in food processor until it holds together well when pressed or shaped. Grease your pan/mould with oil and press crust firmly into the base.
For the filling:
- 120g BiotechUSA Vegan Protein Vanilla Cookie Flavour
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (do not replace)
- 2 and ½ cups dry cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ cup syrup (optional, maple syrup recommended)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- Red dragon fruit, peeled and cubed, for topping (optional)
- Chocolate sauce, for topping (optional)
- Crushed nuts, for topping (optional)
Blend everything except coconut oil and toppings together to a smooth yellowish paste. Pour in coconut oil and blend again to combine. Pour on top of crust into the pan/mold. Flatten the filling with a spatula or back of a spoon. Freeze overnight. To serve, take the cake out to defrost for 15 minutes at room temperature. Add toppings of your choice. Slice and serve.
- Blend the coconut oil after everything is combined to prevent lumps of powder from forming.
- Try this with other BioTechUSA flavours like Hazelnut, Chocolate Cinnamon and Banana.
- Other fruits like banana, berries, pineapple, work great too. Always use ripe fruits for best flavour.
- For a smooth and creamy cake, use a powerful blender. Pausing after blending for a while is recommended to avoid overheating the blender’s motor.